APTRI organizes 1st capacity building programmed with SEC China
“The First Joint Capacity Building program on Supercritical Thermal Power Plant Technology in India by Adani Power and Shanghai Electric Corp.organized by APTRI”
The power plant Project and O&M personnel today face multiple pressures like:
- Delivering continuous smooth and quality output at least cost
- Handling new technology with no prior knowledge and skill availability
- Operation and maintenance embedded within an environment constrained by Environment regulations.
- Continual cycling and maneuvering under narrow tolerance bands in the selection, erection and operation of the plant leading to challenges in operating the plant continuously at high efficiency.
- Challenge to deliver power at low cost which in turn puts pressure on the design,selection and procurement price of equipment, speedy project execution, commissioning and efficient and effective O&M.
- Dispatcher’s Renewable Energy preference and UI lead to cycling frequently with associated thermal impacts and their neutralization through advanced knowledge and Skill.
- Agility in decision making
To successfully address and meet the aforesaid pressures and challenges posed, the teams engaged in erection, testing commissioning, operation and maintenance need just the right mix of knowledge, skill and attitudes. Sensing this need for equipping the teams with the right and relevant knowledge and skill in ETC and O&M of the supercritical technology Shanghai Electric Co., as the OEM for the plant equipment at Tirora and Kawai, welcomed the initiative and agreed to provided the required training onsite.